It’s that time of year to start making your New Year’s resolutions!
If you’re like many people, fitness goals will be somewhere near the top of your list. Regardless of what you want to achieve, you need to find ways to ensure you stick to your goals.
How can you do this?
6 Fitness Tips to Ensure You Stick to Your Resolutions Throughout The Year
Every year, millions of people strive for the following goals.
- Eat healthier
- Lose weight
- Exercise more
Unfortunately, most of the people who set these goals end up setting the same goals year after year.
The fact of the matter is it’s easy to set goals – sticking to them is what’s difficult.
Fortunately, there are steps you can take to better ensure you’re able to achieve most, if not all, of your fitness resolutions.
1. Set S.M.A.R.T. Goals
Setting a vague goal is a great way to set yourself up for failure. Instead, set S.M.A.R.T. goals:
- Specific – It’s not enough to want to “lose weight.” The more specific you are, the more likely you are to go after and achieve your goals.
- Measurable – Keep goals quantifiable so you can track your success
- Attainable – Make sure you’re actually physically able to achieve your goals. You’re not going to be able to run an Iron Man if you need to lose 100 pounds first.
- Relevant – Make sure your goals really resonate with who you are and what you want, not what you think you should do or what other people want you to do.
- Time-Based – Give yourself a “by when” date.
2. Write Your Goals Down
You’re neurologically designed to achieve something if you write it down. If you want to give yourself a better chance of reaching your goals – write them down!
Equally as important is tracking your goals. Whether you use an app, a notebook, or an Excel file, make sure you track what’s most important to you, like:
- Pounds lost or gained
- Inches lost or gained
- How you feel after working out
- Time/weight/distance progress
3. Get an Accountability Buddy
An accountability partner will help keep you motivated. When you’re feeling lackluster, they can build you up and vice versa. Plus, knowing someone is counting on you is a great way to get out of bed for a workout when it’s cold and dark outside.
4. Properly Fuel Your Body
You can’t achieve your fitness goals on willpower alone. You need actual, physical power, which means you need to fuel your body. Talk to a nutritionist about creating a diet plan for your needs.
5. Change Things Up from Time to Time
Take some time each week to check in with yourself. Are you starting to dread your workouts? If so, it might be time to switch things up. Some variety in your routine will go a long way in helping you achieve your goals.
6. Invest in Fitness Classes That Fire You Up
You won’t get far by doing a workout that you loathe or doesn’t excite you.
Instead, check out the classes offered by BURN Studios. Find a class or two (or three) that feels exciting. Sessions that lights you up whenever you think about them. BURN Studios offers:
- Burn Cycle
- Cross Burn
- Strength training and more
When you love your workout, you’ll stick with it and start seeing the results you want.
Need Some Extra Support – BURN Studios Can Help
If you want this year to be your most successful year yet, surround yourself with people who have been able to achieve great things – like losing weight, getting fit, and making fitness an important part of their life.
The instructors – as well as the other members – of BURN Studios have your back. Let them know what you want to achieve, and they’ll be more than willing to help you reach your goals.